I am the Looney Writer. I love to write, and make people laugh. For now, that is all you need know about me.
Total Pageviews
Thursday, December 17, 2009
The gift-finding blues
One of my biggest difficulties in life has been finding appropriate Christmas presents for family members. It's particularly difficult in my present condition, as I am not yet able to just go to the store and buy gifts. I usually have to think up my own, and they don't always seem adequate. More often than not they seem to be just pieces of junk that were stored in the back of the closet. Okay, so I'm exaggerating. But it does seem like that. Does anybody know a way to find nice gifts for people if you can't afford to buy them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coral- we loved the Christmas gifts from you. Thanks for the thought you put into them. I have a hard time finding gifts for people too. Just a warning, the problem doesn't just go away when you have more money to buy gifts. I think the perfect Christmas gift is always hard to find.
ReplyDeleteI try to make gifts as often as I can (I had some plans for making yours this year, but unexpected family matters thwarted them).
ReplyDeleteThe hard thing about making gifts is that you have to put in more time, and plan farther in advance. But, it can be much less expensive, and it's also worth more: it's unique!
(For example, a certain oldest sister of yours wouldn't mind a birthday song, poem, or story written by a certain loony writer...)