Total Pageviews

Friday, October 22, 2010

Papa Stalin?

For those of you who have heard of the Smurfs, you may also know that some people consider them to be Communists. I myself have never watched them, so I can't judge, but it seems a little odd to me that little blue people could be victims of Joe McCarthy judgment. I know Papa Smurf supposedly looks like Lenin, Brainy Smurf resembles Trotsky supposedly, or something like that. And they do share everything alike. But Communism? Isn't that taking things a little too far?

2 comments:

  1. It's the work ethic and their devotion to serving their masters. Or is that elves? Elves are Commies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is the things you mentioned, and the fact that there is no real ownership, besides the dam, which everyone owns together. And then there's the villain, whose name I cannot remember, who may play up on anti-Semetic stereotypes. I'm not sure. So don't quote me. But my history teacher last year pointed all this out in class.

    ReplyDelete