Lucy
I was frozen with terror, which wasn't that surprising, considering the robot. Actually, there was more than one. I counted at least twelve. They all had what looked like primitive deep-sea diving gear on the tops of their bodies. Some of them had large drills for arms, or nets, or other weird contraptions. However, their legs were different. Some had eight giant spider legs, some had four dog legs, and even a few had human legs. My heart was seized with terror.
Suddenly, they attacked us! I was grabbed by one of the robots in front, and hoisted into the air. I was too frightened even to cry out. I couldn't even move. Suddenly, there was a loud crunching noise, and the robot dropped me. I looked up, just in time to see Ben give the thing another roundhouse kick to the dome, crunching it in. Sparks leaped from broken wires as it fell in a rusty heap.
"How did you do that?!" I gasped. Ben grabbed a pen, and wrote quickly, 'Consumerists are always kept physically fit, and have to learn some kind of sport. I took martial arts.'
The others seemed to be getting on all right. Cara and Matt had found some pipes in the pack, and were now swinging them at the other robots, whacking everywhere they could reach. Ben ran to the pack and grabbed a pipe of his own. He seemed to be everywhere at once, fighting like a maniac. He was so brave.
Suddenly I noticed Madiza. She was holding a weird gun thing in her hand. Suddenly she pointed it at one of the robots, and pulled the trigger. A blast of electricity shot out of the end, shooting it straight backwards and into the big hole! Madiza stared at the gun in shock for a second, then her face split into the widest grin I had ever seen. The next instant she started shooting at top speed, several times nearly missing us. The good news was that the robots felt she was the greatest threat, and so concentrated their attacks on her.
I could tell that Cara wanted to help, but there didn't seem like anything to be done. Secretly I felt relieved. Madiza could probably handle herself, and if she couldn't, well, then at least we could take this opportunity to escape. I ran to Cara. "Do you think you could fly us across the hole?" I asked.
"There's a limit to how much weight these boots can take. And besides, we're not leaving Madiza," she replied.
"Why not? She's just a loony. She's slowing us down!" Cara stared at me in shock. I was a bit surprised myself. I didn't usually talk like that about anybody.
"Well, we have a rope. Cara could fly across the hole, then attach that rope to the ceiling or something, and we could get away like that," said Matt.
"Whatever we do, we need to do it now!" I screamed. Cara stood up, and had just lifted off, when a voice yelled, "Stop!" Madiza instantly quit shocking the robots, who had frozen in place. We looked past them, and saw a strange car. It was a very small one, with a big drill on the front. Inside were the oddest people I had ever seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment