Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Freegans part 22

Ben
The three men were all very short, probably about as tall as Lucy, if not shorter. They all had on big goggles covering their eyes, and leathery clothes. I thought they looked a little bit like leather moles. The one in front, who appeared to be the leader, stepped out of the car and demanded, "Who are you, and what are you doing here?"
"That's none of your business,"Cara replied. She folded her arms across her chest stubbornly. I could tell this would not end well. The man who had spoken walked forward and looked Cara in the face, which wasn't all that impressive, since he was so much shorter.
"We are the Junkmen. EVERYTHING underground is our business," he said. "This is our world."
"Funny, I don't see your name on it anywhere," said Cara. Lucy and Matt both winced slightly.

For a moment the head Junkman looked about to explode. Then suddenly his face relaxed, and he smiled.
"I apologize for acting so rough. You see, we're not that used to having topsiders down here." He held out his leather-gloved hand, and just as Cara was about to take it, Madiza suddenly turned her tazer on him and his two buddies! The leader was knocked off his feet!
"Madiza!" Cara yelled. "What were you thinking?!" I was rather annoyed myself. I always knew Madiza was crazy, but didn't think she had an itchy trigger finger.
"I only stunned them," she replied mildly.
"That's no excuse! He was just trying to shake my hand!"

"No he wasn't," said Madiza. To our surprise, she walked over, and took something out of the Junkman's hand. It was a small glass vial, with some liquid inside.
"Poison," she said softly. "Mostly cyanide, but there is also some strychnine, and a few drops of a newly invented poison known by anti-consumerists as 'Gwilliam's Venom', due to the vice-president's maladjusted antisocial tendencies and slightly murderous nature." Her voice was different, sounding a little bit like a scientist. “Upon shaking your hand, the vial would shatter, and the glass shards cut open your hand, leaving the poison free entry into your bloodstream.” All four of us gaped at her, before Matt finally managed to find his voice.

"How-how did you know that?!" Madiza looked at him for a second, then said in her normal voice, "I don't know." She blinked a few times, then slipped the vial of poison into her pocket, along with the tazer. She then started down the tunnel. After a second, we followed her. I was thinking to myself, "Will wonders never cease?"

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That was amazing. I am going to have to restart my heart now. That was great!

    ReplyDelete