Ben
"...So, what now?" Matt whispered.
The Kestrel scrutinized the Drone for a few moments. Then he pointed to a small symbol on its' chest.
"It's a Cone Drone," he said. Both Matt and Cara snickered. If I'd had my voice, I probably would have too, since the name was so silly.
"It means," said Kestrel, turning to us (he was probably glaring, but we couldn't see with the helmet on)"that it can only affect whatever people are within the scope of the cone. So if one of us creates a diversion, leading the Drone away, it will give Project 112 an opportunity to type in the KillCode."
"Okay, that's good, but who is going to create the diversion? It can't be Madiza, and probably not you either, leaving Cara, Lucy, Ben, and..." Matt stopped talking when he realized that everyone was looking at him.
"What are you- oh, no. No, nononononono. No way."
"You said it yourself, it's narrowed down a lot," Kestrel commented.
"I didn't mean me!" he squawked.
We were wasting time; the future of the world was basically at stake, as well as our lives. Without stopping to think about the consequences, I stepped forward, and ran towards the Drone. Without really thinking, I did a martial arts kick at its' arm, slamming into it. To my surprise, it made a loud, sickening CRUNCH, and bent inwards! Landing on my feet, I prepared to fight. But suddenly, this loud, awful noise began emanating from the Drone. It reverberated through me, knocking me to the ground. The room swam before my eyes, and my stomach churned. Despite the nausea, I began trying determinedly to crawl away. As long as the Drone was distracted by me, the others would have time.
Hurry, I thought. Please.
I'm just a normal girl reading very interesting blog because I just found it.
ReplyDelete