Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Freegans part 53

Cara
"Is he crazy?!" Matt gasped, when Ben launched himself at the Drone.
"I've probably rubbed off on him," Madiza commented. Kestrel un-slung his plasma rifle, and began blasting at the Drone.
"Hurry! I'll help him!" he cried. Without stopping to argue, we headed to the Computer and ATM. Without pausing, Madiza began typing on the small pad in front, fingers dancing feverishly across the keys. As she worked, doing something too complicated for me to understand on the screen, she was humming feverishly. It was something about a General, and vegetables, as far as I could figure out. We stood around her protectively, in case the Drone should overpower both Ben and Kestrel. The way things were going, it seemed a possibility.

I don't want to insult their prowess in fighting, but the truth is, they were no match for that Drone. Even with one arm, all it had to do was look at them, and make that droning sound, and they fell to the ground, nearly immobilized. Which was why they stood on opposite sides, so it would only get one at a time. Unfortunately, the Drone was apparently not all that dumb, because while it turned on Ben, the rifle thing on its' back unslung itself, and began blasting at Kestrel. He ducked, dodged, and finally went for its' legs. The Drone jumped, and smashed down on his chest. He must have either been very tough, or wearing some kind of protective armor underneath the uniform, because he shoved the Drone off, and got up, without any evidence of being hurt.

Now they were cornered. The Drone, to our surprise, turned its head up into the air, and began making that awful noise upwards.
"It's calling for reinforcements!" Kestrel cried. "We need to stop it NOW!"
"Almost done!" Madiza sung out. Ben leaped onto the Drone's back, and grabbed its' head, trying to wrench it free, as he had with the robots down in the tunnels. But this Drone was made of tougher stuff. It reached up with the free arm, and grabbed him by the neck, pulling him down. And then, just like magic, the light died out of its' eyes, and it slumped down.
"KillCode activated!" Madiza proclaimed happily.

3 comments:

  1. I have a question: Are you really from Edinburgh? I have a friend who lives there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would tell you, but that would give the game away (evil cackle).

      Delete
  2. I don't think you are from Edinburgh. I think I know where you are from-but to be nice to you I wont say in front of your followers :)

    Email me if you want a chat at:

    astronomy.panda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete