Lucy
After everyone had gotten something to eat, we headed off again, and didn't stop until I collapsed. To be honest, I'm not much of an athlete even at my best, and all of this running around was starting to take its toll on me. I couldn't go on another step, which meant that the others couldn't either. We just settled down in the pipe. I could tell Cara wanted to go on, but out of concern for me, she decided we needed to take a rest. Everyone sat really close. Nobody wanted to be in a position where they could get killed if we were found.
To my delight, Ben came and sat down by me. I knew it was pointless to notice, but he was honestly very cute. I especially thought his blue eyes, though out of place in his Indian features, were beautiful. I wanted to say something to him, but when I tried, nothing came to mind. Not wanting to embarrass myself, I finally decided to just stay quiet. Instead, I looked at the others, the walls, anywhere but at him.
Cara and Matt were over in a corner talking, and Madiza was rocking back and forth, chattering to herself. It was during this scene that I dropped off to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment