Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Book review

Just recently I finished reading "Catching Fire", a book in the new Hunger Games series. It takes place in a futuristic society, where the United States has become a new country, with a Capital and twelve districts surrounding it. Every year or so, because of an old rebellion, each district has to send in a boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to the Games, where they will then engage in a fight to the death. Is it just me, or is making teenagers kill each other until only one is left alive one of the sickest things in the world?

It also involves your typical sappy love story, with the boy and girl from District Twelve being in love, or supposed to be. Other than that, I rather like it.

3 comments:

  1. The gladiator concept does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this series on NPR a while ago:

    http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=112119277

    Sounds interesting.

    So you didn't like the action or the love story... what did you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never said I didn't like the action. I thought it was pretty cool. I just had a low opinion of the sappy part.

    ReplyDelete