Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Greetings from the equator

Hey, everyone! For those of you curious as to my whereabouts, I am right now basking in the sun of Costa Rica! It's a gorgeous country, with its own set of volcanoes. In fact, just today I got to go and see one. Even now it is belching smoke and sitting in a vast lake that looks like pea soup that's been sitting in the fridge for a month. I love the weather, though Dad doesn't like the heat. Why he came on this trip is beyond me.

When I first got here on a red-eye flight, I had a serious case of jet lag, and had to take a nap before dinner. Even now I'm still not used to the time difference. In lighter news, I went to some cool museums, and got my picture taken a lot. Dad is under the misapprehension that any facial expression I have that is not a smile is a scowl. He can't seem to recognize a middle mood.

There are several other families here with us, including a Hindu family from Texas with two really whiny kids who don't like the food, which is why Mom never took me anywhere fun when I was little. Except Disney Land. The food at our hotel is absolutely exquisite, and I gorge myself at almost every meal. My eyes may be bigger than my stomach, but at least they appreciate a good meal. Well, my time is almost up. The internet here is limited to thirty minutes, so catch y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment